Sunday, January 23, 2011

Beer Bread Door Stop and Lectins

I've been slacking on here but it's for a good reason!  My granddaughter!  Sweet little baby!

I made a beer bread today that I have made before.  Of course you can't really use beer, but I do use sorghum beer.  The taste is not nearly as yeasty, the way I like it, but it's a good substitute.  

The recipe calls for white rice flour.  Two cups.  I only had one cup so I subbed brown rice flour for the second cup.  Yeah, not a good idea.  

I guess you have to make mistakes in order to learn but this stuff is expensive!  Damn!  The bread cooked forever and is still dense.  Cut and toasted it's not too bad.  It could be mistaken for a doorstop though.  Sigh.

I've been reading some stuff about lectins.  Rather than attempt to explain on here I will give a couple links at the end of the post.  Basically everything is bad for you except for meat, fruit and veggies.  No nuts, legumes, grain of any sort, blah blah blah.  There are supplements that are supposed to help so I will go ahead and order some, take them, and report back after a couple of months.  We shall see.  By taking these supplements your body is able to get the lectins out. I know, sounds all Scientology or something, but after doing some online research I see that there is a lot of validity to this.  Actual scientific validity.  It will be worth my money if it works, if not, well we've spent a lot more on more worthless stuff.

Lowdown on Lectins


Lectins, a little known troublemaker

Don't let lectins Ruin your Digestive health
 

No comments:

Post a Comment