Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lasagna Anyone?

Last night was one of those dinners where everyone fended for himself so I chose Amy's Gluten Free Lasagna.  Amy's makes many allergen free and vegetarian products that you can find in the specialty freezer section at the grocery store.  I know Whole Foods stocks a good sampling of these products.  


This is the box I used.  Had to fish it out of the trash can to take the photo.  I forgot to photograph it before hand.  Ooops!

Forgot to photograph the actual food on my plate.  I was hungry, OK?  Sheesh.  :)

I've had several different brands of frozen lasagna over these many years and even though this one is gluten free, using rice lasagna noodles, it was one of the best I've had! Not sure if it was the combination of organic ingredients or what but this was VERY good and I will buy it again for those days that we either eat an every-man-for-himself dinner or when everyone else wants something that I just don't feel like eating.  

I cooked the meal in the microwave since I looked at the cooking directions way too late to cook in the oven.  The lasagna cooked on high for 5 minutes and then it sat for a few more, unopened.  I noticed a distinct lack of cheese on the top and as a cheese lover, that's just not right.  When the lasagna was finished cooking I took it out of the container and placed it onto a plate and then sprinkled a generous helping of 6-cheese Italian cheeses over the top.  Popped it back into the microwave for another 20 seconds to melt it up a bit.  Yummy!  

I doctored this one up a bit with the cheese but I am sure it would be good without it as well.  For me, there is no such thing as too much cheese!

1 comment: