Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cake, Cake and More Cake

My previous post was about the April birthday month for my family.  Lots of birthdays means lots of cake, or sweets, and being April it usually means Easter.  Ouch. 

I have decided to make my cookie/chocolate thingy for my birthday.  Here is a photo of one I made before.





This one was made with various peanut butter type candies but for my birthday I plan to make one with chocolate mint candies.  York.  Yes, Yorks are my very best favorite candies in the world.  When I saw York Pieces at the store today I was totally thrilled!  I came home to check for gluten and did not find any information.  Bummer.  One reviewer said that they are like the mint M&M's so I looked THOSE up.  Sad to say the Mint M&M's are NOT gluten free.  They are made on machinery that makes the pretzel M&M's which, of course, have gluten.  Gee thanks.  

I will have to email Hershey to ask if the York Pieces are gluten free.  They looked good.

Other than broken up original York patties, I am not sure what else to put on my cookie "cake."  Maybe some dark chocolate mint pieces would be good but I was hoping for something more interesting.

This will be for birthday number one in April and it happens to be mine.  My daughter was interested in a cheesecake so that will be the following week for April birthday number two.

My sister's birthday is next and she will happen to be here so I need to ask her what she would like.  I can make just about anything gluten free if I have enough time to research.

Easter is easy.  I will make another bunny cake like I did last year.




This one was not gluten free but I will use the Betty Crocker GF cake mix to make it.  I use my own frosting.  Since my mom can't stand coconut, I will make some cupcakes.  I forgot how cute this cake looked!  Almost hate to cut into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment