Friday, December 10, 2010

Gluten Free for the Holidays

We're gearing up for the Christmas holidays here at Casa Portia and have begun consulting the holiday binder.  Yes, we have a binder with the menus for the various holiday dinners and brunches, as well as the information about my daughter's baby shower that happened last weekend.  My daughter and I are a bit crazy during the holidays but you would be amazed at how much it helps to really plan in advance, make a menu and then stick all the recipes you'll need all in one binder.

Next up, Christmas Eve dinner.  Then brunch on Christmas morning and then Christmas dinner.  We're insane. Desserts are going to be different than I've had before and I will attempt to make a Yule Log.  A gluten free Yule log.  Hmmm.  I figure if the cake falls apart I can turn it into a trifle!

This is the first year for me to make all the holiday food gluten free so I am finding it a challenge.  Challenges are good though and should keep my old mind sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment